Responding To Parents' Concerns/ Complaints Procedure

From time to time as a parent you may have a query or concern about an aspect of your child’s schooling. The Abbey School follow the WMAT policy and procedures for Responding to Parental Concerns. You may also request a copy of the “brief guide to The Abbey School’s Complaints Policy & Procedure” from the school.

In the first instance you should discuss your concerns with your child’s form teacher or subject teacher, as experience has shown that most difficulties can be resolved satisfactorily at this informal stage. However, should this not be the case the booklet outlines the stages you can follow.

WMAT has its own complaints policy and procedures and these can be found with other policy documents or on request. 

School policies

Concerns about the following areas should be made directly to Surrey County Council contact centre on 08456 009 009 (local rate)

  • Child Protection/Safeguarding
  • Admissions or transfers
  • Exclusions
  • Home to school transport
  • Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)