Music Curriculum Intent
- To enable students to develop an appreciation and enjoyment of music
- To develop an understanding of how music can evoke emotion and create a mood
- To enable students to learn simple rhythm through a variety of musical styles and repeat using simple percussion
- To learn about the history of music and how styles have developed throughout the century’s.
Year 7 have one session per week.
- Identify how music can be used descriptively e.g. Carnival of the Animals
- Be introduced to repeated patterns and perform on simple percussion instruments
- To learn about the pentatonic scale and how it is used in music
- To learn about variety of composers and their styles using BCC 10 pieces
|Autumn 1||Animal Magic|
|Autumn 2||Play It Again|
|Spring 1||Class Orchestra|
|Spring 2||Dragon Scales|
|Summer 1||Painting With Sound|
|Summer 2||Salt Mustard Vinegar Pepper|
Year 10 & 11 Option
Students choose music as an option in KS4 . The two year rolling programme will develop, consolidate what has been experienced over the last 3 years. It will also introduce AQA Unit awards.
- Listen and reflect on various genes of music at a greater depth e.g. Mason Bates- Anthology
- Develop and consolidate musical vocabulary e.g. ostinato, palindrome
- Create music using simple percussion instruments
- Research music styles and build up evidence creating Fact Files ( AQA unit award scheme)
- Continue to develop an ability to listen critically to music and have different musical likes.
|Spring||Introduction to Musical Instruments|
|Autumn||Listening to Music of Different Tempos|
|Spring||Researching a Period of Popular Music|