KS3 Enrichment Curriculum Intent
The enrichment curriculum provides a broad and balanced selection of topics which can further develop students’ awareness of themselves and the world around them – life skills for both now and for the future post 16.
Creative Arts Year 7
The aim of Creative arts is:
To enable students to further their appreciation and enjoyment of art and design.
To allow students to explore and engage with a range of different art media and disciplines outside of the art curriculum.
To provide students with the fundamental skills, knowledge and understanding to use their creativity as a means of self-expression.
|Autumn 2||Character Design|
|Spring 1||Character Design|
|Spring 2||Print Making|
|Summer 1||Felt Making|
|Summer 2||Model Making|
Music Year 8 & 9
The aim of Music Enrichment is to
- Introduce and enjoy a range of musical instruments
- Consolidate knowledge and learn new terms e.g. piano/ forte.
- Learn about the origin of djembe drumming and basic techniques
- Investigate body percussion; Discover the origins of HAKA
- Learn about call and response
- Discover the origin of RAP and modern day applications - Hamilton the musical.
- Discover the origins of Samba - Use simple instruments to produce samba rhythms
|Half term 1||African Drumming - Djembe|
|Half term 2||The Voice an Body Percussion|
|Half term 3||Samba|
Media Year 8 & 9
The aim of media is:
- To provide a platform to create 4 different media projects over the half year
- To design film posters; Designing Sway (Microsoft) websites; Design and Gaming
|Half Term 1||Creating a Poster|
|Half Term 2||Stop Motion Animation|
|Half Term 3||Photography|
PE Year 8 & 9
The aim of PE enrichment is:
- To allow student to access physical education and physical activity in a recreational and enjoyable way
- To develop social skills such as teamwork and a supportive mind-set using team sports and adapted activities.
Activities include multi skills, boccia, football and seated volleyball amongst other activities as and when deemed necessary.
|Half Term 1||Sportsmanship|
|Half Term 2||Refereeing, Umpiring & Competition|
|Half Term 3||Leading & Coaching|
Promoting a healthy lifestyle by providing opportunities to engage in enjoyable sporting activities
Drama Year 8 & 9
The Aim of Drama Enrichment is:
To investigate the genre and asked what distinctive features/ characters plot lines etc. it may have.
- To allow students to individually develop their own characters to fit the genre
- To work as a group and to have planned a storyboard
- To act out a short dramatisation.
- To focus on the skills of team work and cooperation & self and peer evaluation
- To appreciate what makes for a successful character improvisation.
Students are encouraged to reflect on their use of facial expressions and body language, dialogue and use of props.
|Half Term 1||Superheroes|
|Half Term 2||Soaps|
|Half Term 3||Murder Mystery|
Money Skills Year 8 & 9
The aims of this subject are:
- To know/recognise coins and notes of different values.
- To know where money comes from.
- To know how to add up coins.â¯
- To know how get change from coins (to know how much is spent and how much is left)
- To know how to use coins to pay for shopping.â¯â¯
- To know how to make simple choices about money.
- To know what choices can be made with pocket money.
|Half-Term 1||Managing Money|
|Half-Term 2||Making Choices on Spending and Saving|
|Half-Term 3||Keeping Money Safe|